Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Revelation and Roller Coasters



Hello loved ones!


On Friday on splits me and my companion talked to a man introduced ourselves and asked his name, he then said. "I'm James Bond." and invited himself to church. He came and had a wonderful time.


This week the investigator the other elder's taught and I interviewed, Brother Matsukuma got baptized! He is a 20 year old college student and he has a really strong testimony that the book of Mormon is true and that this is the true church. He is truly amazing! It was such a privilege to inverview him. The night before the interview I was praying and asking Heavenly Father what he wanted me to share with him, and I felt like Matsukuma needed to realize how important he would be for the Lord's work. I shared the scripture in John where Christ turns to Peter and says, "Peter, Satan hath desire to have thee and sift thee as wheat, but I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not. When thou art converted strengthen thy brethren." And both of us felt the spirit strongly as we applied that to him.


Another amazing miracle was on Thursday during companionship inventory, me and my companion were telling each other how amazing we were, and then when I it came to how we could improve, I just felt this feeling that we both have such an amazing potential that we both aren't reaching up to.


We both started talking and suddenly revelation started flooding down to us. I remembered how in my past Dr Fullmer had these amazingly high expectations that we then rose to, and when we didn't rise to them, he didn't accept it until we did. I never felt gloomy or depressed about myself, but just a desire to rise to those amazing heights.


We decided then on to rise to those high potentials personally and not accept anything less. And also we got tons of other revelation related to that. The most amazing thing is that after this went to go to another area to fix some problems and work with them and help the work be hastened and it turned out that all the tools, everything and every principle we needed to accomplish it we had recieved the night before in that revelation. It was amazing! I felt more spirit and excitement and fire then I had in so much of my mission!


Unfortunately I think after such a spiritual high and fire, the next day I felt exhausted, and the one after gloomy and down despite how much I tried to rise up and be happy. But today I feel good again! Life has so many roller coasters and challenges. But I know they are all for our good and we will be grateful for all of them someday.


So why not just be grateful for them now?


Love you all,
Elder Walton


-Glorious to preach the gospel
-Sasebo Sunrise
-One way ticket to Obama.

Displaying IMG_0473.JPG

Displaying IMG_0469.JPG


Displaying IMG_0462.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment