Monday, November 10, 2014

Dante's Heaven


Dear Everyone! 

Hello!! How are you all? I know you are all thousands of miles away, but I thank you for your love and your prayers. They really do help me on the days that I struggle. 

This week has been filled with miracles! Especially with our investigator Te and his girlfriend named Dawn. 


Te is a chinese student about 24 years old. He is a kind of big guy, with really really good japanese (way better than ours). He has a warm heart and is really hilarious. He has a huge desire to learn about God and come closer to him. He loves the Book of Mormon

Dawn is a sweet 26 year old Chinese girl. She is kind of quiet, but really nice and sweet. She is also really smart. She is working on a PHD here. She is so great.

Te and Dawn both came to church last Sunday which was so wonderful! And then we got to teach them on Thursday this week. We weren't really sure where Dawn was at and how interested she was, but we taught on Thursday about God and the plan of salvation and prayer and it was so amazing!

We really focused on how much Heavenly Father loves her, and how sometimes we feel like we aren't important, but in reality to Him we are so so important. We testified how much He loved her as His precious daughter. When we said this to her, it really entered into her heart. Her face lighted up with joy.

As we explained to her that she could actually pray to Heavenly Father she was so excited. 

"That's amazing!" she said.

We asked her to pray at the end, and even though it was in chinese and I didn't really understand what she said. I felt exactly what kind of things she was saying to this loving Heavenly Father she just came to know.

During that prayer I thought about where I was and how amazing it was. I just felt so good and so so happy and so full of light and joy seeing how this changed her life. The spirit was so strong and it was one of the happiest moments in my life!

This gospel really is such a precious and amazing thing. I'm so sad for all the people like Dawn (before she met us) who don't know how much God loves them. I love having this chance to share it with them. We can lift so many people's lives as we share these simple truths with them.

I know it is true!

Love you all!

Elder Walton

Nagasaki Japan 

No comments:

Post a Comment