Saturday, November 1, 2014

New People Now, Naze

So my companion transferred off to a little island on Naze. He is pretty excited, but I think also sad. My new companion is named Elder Redd. He is from a family of 15 children. All of them in the military. He was in the air force, but he had to drop out to serve a mission and hope he could reapply and get back in. He is way cool! 

This week we had district conference (like stake conference) where a Japanese member of the seventy, Elder Kusume came and spoke to us. It was so amazing because there were members from Nagasaki and from Sasebo and from Saga that I knew, I felt like Nagasaki district was just one big family I was apart of. As I sat there near the front looking at all these members I had come to love, some I did a baptismal interview for, others I loved and served.

There were also those that had loved and served me so much when I was a new struggling missionary in my first area. Including the little 9 year girl named Yumiko who ran after my bus when I left my first area waving good bye, and causing me to tear up for the love I felt. Here she was again a foot taller, but still the same girl. 

I feel so grateful to be a servant to all these people, these saints are few compared to the millions of people around them. But they have a light that burns within them. You can truly tell they are devoted disciples of Christ. I love them with all my heart. 

Love,
Elder Walton
Nagasaki Japan

Pictures:
-P day adventures
-Me with beloved members in Nagasaki Province
-Me and my new companion



No comments:

Post a Comment