Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fastest Six Weeks Ever!

This week there were so many events it is hard to keep track.

Yamashita san, an investigator I taught in Saijo got baptized! He overcame a huge tobacco problem in only 2 weeks!

We got to go on splits with the Mission President's Assistants. It was so great! I learned so much about finding by the spirit and having fun while doing it. Also there was a great moment where I went with Elder Coehlo and our ward mission leader to a huge lookout point of nagasaki and Elder Coehlo pulls out a map of area and then tells me they want to split our area and are going to send me and Elder Willis down the the south part of Nagasaki and find us a new apartment.....So I guess we're opening a new area!

General Conference was amazing! We had 3 investigators come! Two of them we hadn't even taught yet, but we had them right questions for their life and they both got answers it was awesome!

And then yesterday was a typhoon. We had to stay inside all day (presidents orders) so we had tons of time to study, call, clean and share our testimonies with each other It was actually way awesome!

I was thinking the other day about how sometimes I say that my life has been "fluffy bunnies and clouds" because I feel like I have had so many blessings and so few trials in my life. But then I realized the other day, that's actually not true! I have had some of the hardest trials in my whole life the past several months, ones where I wept on the balcony of our apartment because of the pain of them. There were extreme times of stress or anxiety, blaming myself, lack of success fears worries rejection. Sometimes I had to deal with huge problems worries in the lives of others, things I never would have expected a 19 year old kid to deal with and yet...

Even though the wagon and burden I was pulling was filled with heavy rocks at times, looking back it feels like it was so lgight, so much that I could say it felt like "fluffy bunnies and clouds" And I know that's because I wasn't pulling alone it alone. I remembered this scripture

"28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavyladen, and I will give you rest.

 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I ammeek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest untoyour souls.

 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." -Matt 11:30

I know that despite those trials and afflictions the whole time the Savior has been along side me. Taking those burdens those trials upon him and making me whole. He has truly made my burden light. And I am so grateful for His atonement and gift to me of that. I know it is a REAL power in our lives. 

Love you all! 

Elder Walton

Pictures: 
-Me and my companion and our golden investigator Udomoto, mongolian. At his birthday dinner

-Nagasaki at night

-us with the assistants (the two in white shirts in the back) 

No comments:

Post a Comment