Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Opposition and Rejoicing in Christ

This week there have been some trials for sure. On Sunday we were expecting Dawn and Te to come and so they could be prepared to be baptized, but then they just didn't show up, then sitting in Sunday school I got a text from a family we were supposed to teach that day at 3pm. We had been searching for 3 months for a family that we could teach, and finally after several hopefuls we were actually able to teach them and set up a new appointment!

But then they texted us and told us they weren't interested and canceled our appointment. 

I sat there in that class, with teaching about some topic or another still flying around me. I felt to be honest a lot of discouragement and great sadness. But then I had this feeling, or rather, this remembrance of something I used to always tell my companion in Saijo Elder Bloomfield. 

Whenever we had trials I would say, "Elder, the greatest miracles always follow great trials. In the book of Mormon always before there was great missionary success there were trials, they were thrown in prison, spitten on rejected etc..."

"And after this day (or trial) we've had, we definitely have some trial of faith miracles on the way!"

And I sat there and remembered that, I just felt this comforting feeling from Heavenly Father that even though there is always opposition, that He is there, and there are so many bright joyful miracles in the future if we will press on and trust in Him. 

Then after that class a member's son (who is a non member) came and we were able to teach him. He is a 30 year old guy who feels like his life isn't going anywhere and is searching for something more.

We taught him about the atonement and the plan of salvation. Then asked him, "How would you feel if you had this power of the atonement in your life?"

He replied with such joy, "It would feel so amazing to feel free of all my sins and be so clean!" 

The spirit was so strong, so we invited him to prepare for baptism, and he accepted! 

It was such a tender mercy from Heavenly Father!

We also found out this week that Dawn and Te are experiencing some opposition from Dawn's mom about baptism and are wavering and afraid. I know that this opposition will be so good for them as they rely on the Lord to overcome it. But they need help and prayers. Please pray for Dawn and Te that they can overcome this trial of faith!

I know more than anything else that Christ REALLY is the savior of the world! He is the light of the world and He is the son of God! I am so grateful for the sacrifice of His son and to spend this Christmas sharing my testimony of Him. 

Love you all and Merry Christmas!!

Elder Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment