Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Living and Loving

Well it's been a great week here in Japan!

Here's some of the things we've done this week.

Black Thunder Dendo (Dendo=Missionary Work) There's this chocolate called black thunder that is ridiculously delicious (I'm so addicted) it's like little chunks of oreo and some other stuff covered in chocolate in bar form. We've been using them in street contacting lately, basically go up to people and say, Have you ever hard black thunder? I know it's so good right! I love it! If you had a friend who hadn't had it before how would you describe it's taste to them? And usually they say something like "I'd have them eat it!" Yeah! Because you can't know how good it is without eating it right? Well we have another really wonderful thing that you can't know how good it is without trying it. It's called the Book of Mormon!" This actually has been pretty effective at getting people interested and it makes street contacting so fun! Usually at the end whether they want to listen or not we give them a black thunder and go away friends so it's great!

Also this week we went to a barbeque with the military branch at Saikin park, it was sooo beautiful and a huge park too! We did splits with the zone leaders, I gave away an english book of mormon! And we had dinner with two Japanese families with non members there so that was great!

Sometimes people have this idea that Japanese members are too shy to do member missionary work, or don't have a missionary passion in them. But here in Sasebo I see the opposite as being true. We visited the Hamaguchi family this week. (the father is the branch president) And I don't know if I've ever seen a family with as much dendo fire as them. His wife talked to us for so long about how we can get nonmembers and members meeting each other and interested in the gospel. Their son told us how he wants to invite his friend. And basically every sunday the branch president gets up and bears this powerful testimony that inspires me despite my inability to understand it on how important missionary work is. And also there's this young girl about 17 I think, named Satsuki. And I'm pretty sure she's done more member missionary work in the month I've been here than my whole life. And the area book is full of people she referred to the missionaries. She's amazing, she wants to serve a mission to, she'll be such a great missionary!

I love being a missionary! At first it was hard and sometimes hard to love being here. But I can feel how the power of the atonement has wrought a change in my heart, and has filled my heart with love for these people, even when they reject us my heart reaches out in love to them. That change didn't happen because of me or anything I did. I know it was through the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ. 

This church is true! Live and love it!

Love you all!
 
Elder Walton

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment