Monday, March 16, 2015

The Sacrifice of Grandma's

This Saturday Hiroko Shimai got baptized! There were so many people that came to see her get baptized and support her! I am so grateful for all of the amazing members here. Looking at all the people she asked us, "so who else is getting baptized?"
"Just you."we replied
"All these people came just for me?!" She was so surprised, but felt so much love.


Its amazing to see how much her heart changed as she felt the spirit and Christ's love. She is so great!


After the baptism we went out to eat sushi with her and two other relief society sisters. It was two 20 year old elders, a 35 year old sister, a 50 year old sister and a 70 year old sister, so we were definitely quite the interesting group!


Then amazingly the next morning she came to church for her confirmation and told us she had had to work the night shift so she only had 1-2 hours of sleep, but she was just peacefully happy as ever to be here at church and to receive the Holy Ghost.


Yesterday I had an experience where I learned what it meant to walk in Christ's footsteps. Last night me and my companion had finished planning and I went over to our study room to read some old testament while my companion was in the other room. While I was reading though, I just had this feeling that I needed to go be with my companion, that he needed me. I went over and found him laying on the bed looking sad. He told me he had been struggling with feelings of loneliness and homesickness.


That day I had been feeling pretty sick, and at that moment I didn't feel like I had enough in me to help my companion, I felt a part of me that wanted to not care about it being full with my own problems, but I remembered the example of Christ, how even in his darkest moments he thought of others and lifted them up, healing the soldiers ear, praying "forgive them for they know not what they do", and remembering his Mother even on the cross in excruciating pain.


Remembering His example I summoned the strength and love to simply talk with my companion and love him, to ask about his scouting trips as a kid and his life and just listen to him. Finally there was 2 minutes left and I still had my shirt and necktie on and had to hurriedly got ready for bed.


That night I prayed to God, and despite feeling tired and the normal stresses of life, I felt so good being able to tell God that I followed the example of His Son.


We all have trials in our lives, but I know if we will raise our eyes and our prayers to heaven to seek and find those that need our loving helping hand, God will guide us and use us to be an answer to someone else's prayer.


Pray and ask God to be guided to someone who needs your help and I promise He will.


And in your times of need He will guide those people to you too! Because He loves you!


Elder Walton
Okinawa Japan



Pictures: Temples in Space! will build one one day!
Me and Shin chan Hiroko Shimai's grandson
Hiroko Shimai's baptism
Displaying IMG_0718.JPG
Displaying IMG_0712.JPG
Displaying IMG_0719.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment