Sunday, August 25, 2013

Off I Go!



Well off I go!


Monday morning at the wonderful time of 2:30 AM we leave the MTC and begin our long journey to the SLC airport, then to Dallas, then to Tokyo, and finally to Fukuoka arriving who knows when haha. But I'm so excited! I really already love the Japanese people so much! One of my favorite things to do here in the MTC is talking to the missionaries from Japan! They are so awesome! I probably won't have one as my trainer, but hopefully I'll have a couple throughout my mission!



Also we finally got to go to the temple this last week and tomorrow so that's been so wonderful after a long 6 week time when it was closed. It's a great way to prepare us for this final journey ahead of us.


This past week has been so great and just sort of flew by! We're all really going to miss our sensei's and also teaching our investigators. We all grew to love them so much. And that last lesson was so sad for us. But I'm sure we'll have to do the same thing in the field.


Also last Sunday I got asked to give a talk (which they inform you of during the sacrament meeting) but it was actually so fun!! I was a little nervous, but I had prepared a scripture and had an experience. And I didn't worry about writing down my words, just sharing an experience. It was amazing how after only two months I could walk up and comfortably speak in another language. It was definitely a miracle.


I'm excited to let you know about my first week in Japan!


Love you all!
ワルトン長老
Elder Walton

No comments:

Post a Comment